Blue Bloods - Melissa De La Cruz

OK, I will start with the synopsis just because it will make this post longer.

"Schuyler Van Alen has never fit in at Duchesne, her prestigious New York City private school. She prefers baggy, vintage clothes to the Prada and pearls worn by her classmates. But when she turns fifteen, Schuyler's life changes dramatically. The death of a popular schoolmate haunts her in unexpected ways. And strangest of all, Jack Force, the most popular boy in school, is showing a sudden interest in her.  
Once an outcast, Schuyler is thrust into Manhattan's most exclusive social circle. Its members are the powerful, the wealthy, and -- as Schuyler soon discovers -- the unhuman. They are Blue Bloods, an ancient group of vampires, and for centuries they've been invincible. Now something is preying on this elite group, and Schuyler wants to find out the truth. But is she the most vulnerable of them all?"

First off, it's a series. And I usually avoid books with series. Why? I prefer reading something new. Unless it has rave reviews (because I'm a sucker for overrated stuff) OR if the current book is interesting enough for me to find out what happens next, then I would continue.

Anyways, the story itself, for me it was well written. It wasn't dragging. Melissa does a very good job describing things - clothing, buildings, places - with meticulous details. The chapters are divided by POVs of three different characters. There's Schuyler, Mimi, and Bliss. I feel like the POV ratio between all of them are appropriate. The author also did a good job with the mystery parts. Adding suspense to every clue given until the mystery is solved. I find myself looking forward to solve each mystery and there's this one plot twist y'all I gasped. ((I really thought it was him, dang it!))

All in all, it was a nice story. If you're into vampires, mysteries, and a hint of incest (kidding, but not really) you should give it a read.
Image result for blue bloods melissa
★★☆☆☆

Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment